The Advocacy committee helps create positive changes in schools through legislative actions. Through our individual efforts, we can make a real impact locally, statewide, and nationally. This includes community programs like Food 4 Kids and Heart to Heart.
- GENTS Program – More information to come
- Power Reading Program – More information to come
- Wednesday, August 8 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Ft. Clarke Middle School in Gainesville
- Thursday, August 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Oak View Middle School in Newberry.
- ACCPTA stands behind the National PTA is urging our legislators to immediately stop the zero-tolerance policy that is resulting in harmful separation of undocumented children from their parents and family members.
- Red for ED Shirts $15 – Alachua County Advocates PTA will raise awareness about the county, state, and nationwide teacher shortage. Order here: https://squareup.com/
- Alachua County Advocates PTA (the advocacy arm of ACCPTA) is conducting a survey of all of our local, state and national candidates for political office. The goal is to determine their position on issues that matter to our local school communities. Their responses will be shared with PTA members and the community at large through our local school PTA units, as well as through the website, and social media outlets.